If you need to change the water in your water feature follow our simple guide to get you started!
- If you have fish, use some of the pond’s water to keep your fish alive in a holding tank while you complete the cleaning process.
- Use a pump and a drain hose to siphon all the water from the pond.
- Once all the water has been removed, power wash the pond’s rocks, liner and anything else that has a layer of algae. Use a pond cleaner to scrub away tougher debris.
- Make any adjustments to the rocks and make sure they are in a solid location or position.
- Check any live plants and thin them out or reposition the onges that are in need.
- Check the lighting that you might use in your water feature. You should replace bulbs once a year and this is a perfect time to get that done while you are checking on them. Consider investing in new UV bulbs!
- Refill your pond or water feature! If you have hard water or city water, add a conditioner. If your water is still murky, add some clarity defense.
- Re-acclimate the fish by adding some of the new water to their holding tank so they can adjust slowly to the chemistry of the new water. You can add a stress-reducer to help make this a smooth adjustment.
- Enjoy the calming affect your water feature offers you over the next few seasons!