Carrot Cake Jam
Preserving Method: Water Bath Canning
Makes about 4 half-pint jars
Sweetened with crushed pineapple and spices, this sunny fall jam tastes just like carrot cake. It makes a perfect gift for any occasion.
You Will Need
- 1-1/2 cups Carrots, peeled, finely grated
- 1-1/2 cups Pears, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups Pineapple, cored, chopped, including juice
- 3 Tbsp Bottle lemon juice
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 4 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 3 cups Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Butter or margarine
- 4 (8 ounce) Ball®half-pint jars
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of Pot fitted with Stirrer.
- ADD carrots, pears, pineapple with juice, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves evenly over pectin. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS jam button; cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps; add sugar gradually while Stirrer continues running. Place glass Lid on Pot.
- APPLIANCE continues to stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of appliance; when it beeps again at the end of the process, jam is complete.
- PRESS cancel, unplug appliance; immediately remove glass Lid. Remove Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary from top of jar.
- PRESERVE jam immediately, using 1 of the 3 ways listed here.